back and other lingering injuries including a concussion. I | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 May 16
EASTBOURNE, England -- Feliciano Lopez of Spain completed a successful title defence when he beat top seed Richard Gasquet of France 6-3, 6-7 (5), 7-5 in the Aegon International final on Saturday. Jung-ho Kang Jersey . Its the first time the third-seeded Lopez has retained an ATP title, and the first time he has beaten Gasquet in their six meetings. Madison Keys earned her first career WTA title by beating Angelique Kerber of Germany 6-3, 3-6, 7-5 in the womens final. Playing in her first final, unseeded 19-year-old Keys became the first American to triumph since Chanda Rubin won back-to-back titles in 2002 and 2003, and she is the youngest American to win a singles title since Vania King in Bangkok in October 2006. Lopez held championship point against Grigor Dimitrov last week at Queens Club, and he is the first player to reach back-to-back grass-court finals before Wimbledon since 2001, when Lleyton Hewitt won at Queens and s-Hertogenbosch, and Thomas Johansson won Halle and Nottingham. There was little to separate him and Gasquet, with two breaks giving the Spanish left-hander the opening set, and Gasquet, the 2005 and 2006 champion, sneaking the tiebreaker in the second. In the third set, games went with serve until Lopez broke to lead 6-5 and then served out for the fourth title of his career. Kerber lost in the Eastbourne final for the second time - to Tamira Paszek in 2012 - and in a final for the third time this year after defeats in Sydney and Doha. She was seeking her first title came winning Linz in October 2013. "Im so incredibly happy," said Keys, who on Monday should be ranked in the top 30 for the first time. "You know, its one of those things where when youre training and you dont want to be there, youre tired or everything hurts, its one of those things where you think of this moment, and, you know, it really helps push you through all the hard times. "My serve was definitely a weapon today, and it really helped me through the entire time." Keys win came after she fired 17 aces and struck a serve clocked at 126 mph (203 kph), the fastest this year on the WTA tour, and if confirmed, would establish her as one of the top five fastest servers since records began in 1989. Most of the rallies were short and just one break of serve decided the first two sets, with Keys breaking to lead 3-1 in the first and Kerber 2-0 in the second. Games went with serve in the third until the dramatic 12th game. Kerber held two game points to take the set to a tiebreaker before Keys claimed victory on her fourth match point. "Its always not easy when somebody is serving like she did the whole match," Kerber said. "She played at a really high level." With Coco Vendeweghe winning at s-Hertogenbosch, two American women have won titles in the same week for the first time since February 2002. Two Spanish men also won titles on Saturday, with Roberto Bautista Agut winning his first title at s-Hertogenbosch. Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . -- Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock. Starling Marte Jersey . Right-hander Ricky Nolasco and the Twins agreed to terms on a free-agent contract Wednesday, a person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press.OTTAWA -- Two injuries have derailed most of Kaetlyn Osmonds rookie Olympic season, but she and her coach have managed to find a silver lining. Osmond said shes fully recovered from both a stress reaction in her left ankle, and a torn right hamstring, and is skating in practice better than at any other time in her relatively short career. And when the curtain comes up on the Sochi Olympics next month, Osmond, at least, will be fresh. "I think it will end up being a real advantage for her," her coach Ravi Walia said on the eve of the Canadian figure skating championships. "Some people are exhausted at the end of the season, and I think she wont be. Shes just getting better. This last month of training, shes just gotten so much better. And I really believe that she has a lot more in her this season to keep improving." The 18-year-old from Marystown, N.L., should be a lock for one of Canadas two Olympic berths in womens singles, and is Canadas most promising female skater since the retirement of Joannie Rochette. But a season that held so much promise for the skater who burst onto the international scene when she won Skate Canada in the fall of 2012 has been full of obstacles. She suffered the stress reaction -- a precursor to a stress fracture -- in August, and was off the ice for several weeks. Then finally back on the ice for Skate Canada in late October, she woke up the morning of her long program unable to put much weight on her leg. Tests determined it was a torn hamstring and she withdrew from the remainder of the Grand Prix circuit. "This whole year has been a big learning experience," said Osmond, who trains in Edmonton. Her goal this week is to show "that I can come back from anything." Walia said her recovery from her latest setback has been remarkable, and praised the teenagers positive outlook. "Shes had so many obstacless and so many setbacks, but whats been great is she has a good attitude, and whatever setbacks she had she would do whatever she had to to get back on track," he said. Barry Bonds Jersey. "Even if she wasnt at 100 per cent, you could tell the motivation was there." "I was getting worried because of timeline," he added. "But each day she would come (to practice) and do whatever we had to do, and it would be successful each day. She got ready so quick." This seasons short program -- to "Big Spender" from the musical "Sweet Charity" -- was met with some criticism when she debuted it at Skate Canada. There were questions about whether the choice of music was too mature for the teen. She was referred to as "Canadas answer to Miley Cyrus." Both Osmond and Walia shrugged off the negative comments. "She knows her program is appropriate for her, she likes it and its exciting to do, so it didnt bother her at all," Walia said. "It was brought up to be something that it wasnt. Half the skaters out there are skating to music, that maybe where it comes from, might be a story that theyre not portraying. Shes skating to a 60s style dance. "It was a little surprising, it didnt necessarily bother me," he added. Osmond won Skate Canada Challenge -- a qualifying event for nationals that she normally would have skipped -- early last month, and now, with obstacles behind her, is poised to make her Olympic debut. "It just seems like everything is going really fast. Its exciting," said Osmond, who was eighth at last years world championships. "(Making the Olympic team) still hasnt fully crossed my mind, I think its still such a shocker to even think of the possibility, so I dont think it will fully register until I actually make it." Skate Canada will name its team for Sochi on Sunday. Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys ' ' '